Tuesday, April 13, 2010

G-Day, Nukes, and...More Braves

I don't know about you, but this is more likely to prevent me from committing a chemical or biological attack than a smile and a handshake from everyone's favorite beer summit organizer.
-
-
Been a while since a new post, so I figured I should post something. What is new the last few days? G-Day answered few questions for me about the Dawgs, but I was going on no sleep (even took a nap during halftime). Not sure any of the quarterbacks made a clear statement, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Seemed fairly open to me though.

In other news, our president has decided to dare our enemies to compete with our own spending to see which can be the first to secure our ultimate demise. Our fearless leader pledged not to respond to our enemies with nuclear weapons if they attack us with chemical or biological weapons. That's reassuring. "Pretty please don't hit us, but if you do, we won't hit back any harder than you hit us. Pinky-swear." His courage is truly inspiring. Maybe now everyone will like us. I, for one, feel safer already.

Issues of national security are different than NFL salary caps. As a sovereign and free nation, we are not obligated to play on a level playing field with people that want to kill us and destroy our way of life. Being able to defend yourself better than your enemies is not anything about which to feel guilty or ashamed. The threat of deadly force keeps most would-be attackers at bay. No reason to embolden those that (until now) were at least a little concerned about a nuclear response. Oh well.

As far as I can tell, this has been a non-issue in American politics for quite some time, particularly since 9/11. Why such an agreement would ever be considered post-9/11 is beyond me, much less as Iran and North Korea do everything they can to proliferate nuclear weapons. I can see Kim Jong-il and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad rushing to their Commodore 64s to send Facebook Friend Requests to President Obama immediately upon hearing of the super-nice American's gesture of goodwill and idiocy.

Seriously, if there are people out there willing to kill themselves flying airplanes into buildings, there are even more people out there willing to attack us if we tell them we won't fight back too hard. "You mean, not only do I not have to kill myself to attack America, but my family, friends, and countrymen will not be put in any serious danger as a result of my actions? Sweet! Honey, where did you put the hydrogen cyanide?"

Anyway, now to something really serious...

Not much momentum behind my petition idea, but thanks to all of you that at least read it and mocked me. With that in mind, I may come back to occasional updates throughout the season. It is worth noting that the Braves are now 2-0 with me and 1-4 without me. Jason Heyward: .375 average with me and .222 without me. Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment