Friday, July 9, 2010

Clever Post

Maintaining a blog is a far more difficult job than one might expect (especially for a semi-unemployed, semi-bachelor). My main struggle is one of quality vs. quantity. While the quality of this blog is debatable, the quantity is certainly lacking (at least where frequency is concerned--I know some specific posts aren't lacking quantity).

I guess this is where I need some focus. I am not running short of opinions. I'm just not sure which ones to voice when. Should I just run my mouth about anything and everything that comes to mind or should I wait until I have something clever to say? I've convinced myself that there could be some unbearably long gaps between posts if I'm waiting to come up with something clever to say. I think it's safe to say that we might have already experienced such gaps (and likely for an unsatisfying level of cleverness).

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to try to increase the frequency of my posts, possibly shorten them (though I'm not making any promises), and worry less about being clever. If I'm clever, great. If I'm not, at least I gave you something with which to pass a few minutes at work (if you choose to read it...and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't).

So, which of my many thoughts should I try to express before the brevity of this post expires? Did that last sentence even make sense? No matter. I'm not trying to be clever anymore. I've got it! One thing that really irks me

1 comment:

  1. I think it might work well to spread your long well-thought-out posts among 2-3 posts. Keeps people coming back to see the next part of your post. That way you get increased post frequency and you get to maintain the depth you would like.

    Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete